Film Developers

I recently discovered that all of the film developers I have been using had radically changed formulae. This occurred without warning and I’m lucky that I thought to run control strip tests on the latest batches. In all three cases, I found the chemistry to be useless. I process B&W film for customers, so can’t afford any mistakes.

I ran several tests with different manufacturers and have found my favorite developers for B&W film. This image was from a test roll I shot at the Mt. Pisgah Arboretum. It was shot on medium format Ilford Delta 400 film and I attempted to print it first in the darkroom. It had major light flare since I was shooting into the sun, so had to resort to a scan and the resulting inkjet print you see here. A lucky shot for a test roll.

Using Format